(908) 766-1010 (908) 935-5577 (973) 966-8010
(All telephone numbers reach the same office.)
1. Pricing: For most work, we can give you prices over the phone (and email). We specialize in working in homes and we have a lot of experience; we'll ask a lot of questions. When necessary, we come out to your house to review your situation with you, discuss ideas and alternatives, and then we'll send you a written estimate. See more information below.
2. Reliable Scheduling:
3. Live person or machine? Here's an unusual concept: when we're talking to you on the phone, we do not put you on hold just because the other line is ringing (and we get a lot of calls). Conversely, this means that if you call while we're on the telephone, you'll get the answering machine. Listen to the message completely the first time you call. There's a lot of information that customers find useful to know when they first call (scheduling, email, etc.). On subsequent calls, you will be reminded that you can skip the long message by pressing '1' . We do log all our calls AND we return them. We even keep track when and how often we call back. Occasionally, customers call from outside our service area. We still return the calls to let them know we don't serve their area, and we'll refer them to another electrician if we know one near them.
4. Communication is key. When you call, if we're on the phone helping another customer, we don't put them on hold just because the phone is ringing. (We don't assume the new call is more important than the call we're on.) Be sure to leave both day and evening telephone numbers with your area codes. Many customers prefer e-mail, so please include your e-mail address if you have one. If you send us an e-mail, be sure to include your name since not all mail identifies the sender fully.
5. You are entitled to be informed about work, prices, schedules, etc. We'll tell you.
6. We ask a lot of questions. The information you provide will help us prepare for your work and understand your needs. We can offer alternatives and discuss the pros and cons.
7. Most estimates can be provided beforehand. If necessary, they can be confirmed before starting the work.
8. We can solve some 'urgent' electrical problems by
telephone (or e-mail). By
saving you time and money, we save time and can maintain our schedules
with customers. Also, check out the Helpful
Hints section of our web site for problem solving tips and other
useful information. (If you think we should add another topic,
let us know.)
11. Guarantees. A guarantee is only as good as the people behind it. We take pride in our work and expect it to work a long time. We even extend a product guarantee since we expect quality products to last also. If there's a problem within a year, people expect a guarantee, but after that? We've surprised many people by saying "the dimmer (timer, etc.) should have lasted longer - no charge!"
Wrong color switch? You wanted a dimmer and we forgot? Just let us know. After all of our efforts to do nice work, we know it's often those little items that can make the difference between a good job and a great job.